Workshops and special sessions
IGSC’17 welcomes researchers to submit proposals for Special Sessions and workshops.
The aim of the special sessions is to provide a complementary flavor to the regular sessions and can take the form of (1) Panels discussing visionary and/or controversial issues, (2) Hot-Topic Sessions, dealing with the introduction and discussion of new R&D problems, and (3) Tutorial Sessions, addressing trends in the technical domains that are of interest to the conference participants.
Special Sessions Proposal Format
Special Session proposals should consist of an extended summary of 500-750 words as a PDF file, describing the session content and format. Proposals should include:
- Title of the special session.
- Rationale of the need for the special session at IGSC. The rationale should stress the novelty of the topic and /or its multidisciplinary flavor, and must explain how it is different from the subjects covered by the regular sessions.
- Short biography of the organizers.
- List of three (3) tentative contributed presentations (including titles, presenters, contact information of the corresponding presenter, and an abstract of each contribution).
- For panel or tutorial session proposals, list three to five panelists/speakers and their area of expertise.
Submission of the Proposals
Proposals are solicited for workshops and special sessions to be held in conjunction with the conference. Proposals should be submitted to the Workshops and Special Sessions Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Proposals will be evaluated based on the scientific relevance and the timeliness of the topic, the qualifications of the organizers and the presenters of the session. Note that the organizer/submitter of the special session may also be a speaker for the session.
Deadline for submitting Workshop and Special Session Proposals: May 15th, 2017.
For more information, please contact:
Special Session Chair:
University of Texas, Arlington